Here comes the turnip truck!
That’s right, my dear Followers, today is my birthday!
In the above photograph I am at a birthday party, but not my own. It was Kerry B’s birthday party and the picture was taken a long, long time ago and it was not January, but September. So, not quite an accurate portrayal of the girl I am today, but who cares? I decided to use this picture because I looked better then than I do today and since it’s my birthday I can make all the wishes I want and one of my wishes is to look younger.
Did you know Oprah and I share the same birthday? That’s right! She was born on January 29th too – only she is a little older than I am.
I wonder what she did to celebrate. Did she buy herself a new Beetle Bug in which to tool around one of her many estates? Did she sleep in? Did she have a lemon flavored popsicle? Ope, if you are reading this little blog of mine, feel free to comment and let us know how you spent your day.
And here is something super crazy that happened to me this year – my Bestest NC: Kerry B and my Bestest MA: Margaret Jeckyll-Hyde each gave me a card with similar pictures on the front.
The minds of my bestestes are becoming psychically linked! This is so exciting! I feel like I had something to do with this phenomenon. I’m a regular Dr. Frankenstein!
I got an awesome birthday sign from Jack.
I also got some really wonderful gifts and cards and emails and texts and phone calls and such from my parents and in-laws and family and friends. However, of all the gifts I got this year, my favorite is the painting Jim did of me and Jack!
Isn’t it awesome!
There were many exciting and crazy things happening in the world the year I was born. Here is a list of a few of them (according to the birthday card my mom gave me):
- Richard Nixon was President of the United States of America
- Roe v. Wade legalizes abortion
- The war in Vietnam ended (Yeah!)
- Watergate hearings begin. Nixon declares, “I am not a crook!”
- English Leather Soap-On-A-Roap costs $2.00
- Median sales price of a single family home, $28,900.00
- The 110-story World Trade Center is completed in NYC
- McDonald’s introduces the Egg McMuffin
- The Rocky Horror Show was a big hit
- Billy Joel’s Piano Man and Elton John’s Yellow Brick Road are released
- Sonny and Cher are on TV
- Secretariat wins the Triple-Crown
- Willie Mays retires
- George Foreman KO’s Joe Frazier
- Neil Patrick Harris was born the same year
Can you guess what year I was born?
While you think about it I’m going to finish my next blog article … Charo here I come!
Until next time…
I’m turning off the turnip truck.